Mathematische Grundlagen der Informatik
Arriving by Train
Assuming you arrive at Hauptbahnhof (the main station), since there is no direct bus line from Hauptbahnhof to the Computer Science building, you can either take a cab to Mies-van-der-Rohe-Straße, Informatikgebäude (costs about € 10) or walk to a bus stop nearby (about 5 minutes):
- When exiting the main train station, cross the street (Römerstraße), and enter Bahnhofstraße.
- Follow Bahnhofstraße to the intersection Bahnhofstraße-Theaterstraße.
- Turn left and go to the bus stop Wallstraße on the opposite side of Theaterstraße.
- Take line 33 with destination Uniklinik or Vaals.
- After approx. 20 minutes get out at Halifaxstraße.
- Cross the street and enter the building you are facing (Informatikzentrum), then follow the directions to Building E1.
Some regional trains also call at Westbahnhof (West station) from where you can walk to the Computer Science building (about 15 minutes) or take line 33 to Halifaxstraße (about 5 minutes).
Other bus lines going from the city centre to Halifaxstraße are lines 12, 22 and 23 (destination Hörn Physikzentrum).
Arriving by Car
On the Motorway
If you are arriving from Düsseldorf or Belgium on motorway A44 or from Cologne on motorway A4:
- Eventually you will hit intersection Aachener Kreuz.
- Follow direction Heerlen (you will go west on motorway A4).
- After approx. 3 km take exit Aachen-Laurensberg.
If you are arriving from the Netherlands or Belgium on motorway A4:
- Take exit Aachen-Laurensberg.
After Leaving the Motorway
- Follow direction Aachen (Zentrum, RWTH, Westbahnhof).
- After approx. 1 km take exit RWTH Klinikum (1st exit on your right, Toledoring, becomes Pariser Ring later on).
- After approx. 1 km take exit RWTH Hörn (3rd exit on your right), leading you to Halifaxstraße.
- After having passed the 2nd traffic light turn left (you will enter Mies-van-der-Rohe-Straße).
- After approx. 100 m turn left and pull into the parking lot of the Computer Science building (Informatikzentrum).
Once you are here
We are on the 1st floor of the Computer Science building E1. There are two entrances from the parking lot side. Look for the more hidden one below ground level, it brings you right to us.
We are in the building indicated by the green arrow.